Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy Fandom Celebration Day!


Happy Fandom Celebration Day, everyone! Thanks to the Darlin's for coming up with this great idea!

I cannot properly express how much of a difference this wonderful Twilight world that we all inhabit has made to me. I watched the Twilight movie when it came out, mainly because I've always loved anything about vampires (Angel/Angelus & Spike from Buffy owned me). Needless to say, I was in for a shock because it turned everything I always knew about vamps on it's ear. But I loved it anyway! I only read the Twilight books in March 2008, since it wasn't that big here in South Africa to start with. Soon after that, I discovered FF & I haven't looked back. I struggle to remember what I used to do with my spare time before. Initially I was only reading Edward fics, but then I read Fate Has Brought Us Here by Cullen818 & I've been a Jasper girl since.

I have met so many lovely people through all of this, especially Steph (Cullen818) who I am proud to call a friend. It's because of Steph that I started a blog in the first place. I just wanted to see how Blogger worked & look what happened. :P I was so thrilled when Steph asked me to be part of the Jasper's Naughty Girls blog with her & Kathy, at the beginning of this year. I am loving every moment of it.

Leave me a comment & tell me what you love most about the Fandom & how it has impacted on your life. Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Cullen818 said...

I'm honored that you call me your friend. I'm happy that we met through our obsession. My kids think that it's the coolest thing that I have a friend who lives in South Africa and tell eveyone when TwiCarol calls me. The internet is such an amazing tool!

I can't believe that it was me and Fate that turned you Team Jasper! That blows me away! I still remember when you started reading Fate and you commented on almost every chapter. I also need to say that there wouldn't have been a third installment to the trilogy if not for you and your constant support of Claudia (remember her?) and her creator. You've done more for me and my self-esteen than you'll ever know.

Thank you!

Bouncy72 said...

Lol, hi again :)
Well meeting friends like you hon is right up there!
Thank you for your friendship, even if recently established. I love how people in the fandom can be from literally anywhere in the world, but the fandom brings us together, no matter where you're from :)

IzPerplexing said...

Wow, I am so happy to see you celebrating with us. I love your blog and check in regularly for all the neat stuff you have post. I am so grateful for friends like you in the fandom who support others and not tear them down. You are a positive light in this community.
Much love,
Izzy