Thursday, May 6, 2010

100 Monkeys Courtesy Of Tara (She Rocks!)

So the other day I got an e-mail from mrsalreyami, author of some of the best Carlisle fics out there. She sent me loads of photos from her most recent 100 Monkeys concert. She says she thought of me when she saw that he was clean, so she knew I would LOVE the photos. And now with her very kind permission, I'm going to share them with you, because they are awesome and so is she. She even wrote about a bit about the show for this post. So without further ado... take it away, Tara...

On April 28, I took a little road trip to Pittsburgh to hit my third 100 Monkeys concert in two months. Yeah, I admit it. I'm a groupie. And I'm cool with that.

I've got a thing for musicians...especially guitar players. And the members of 100 Monkeys are most definitely musicians. The greatest thing about seeing them live? Watching them switch instruments between almost every song (Jackson, for example, played 7 instruments in one concert, plus sang!), and just enjoy the hell out of being up on that stage.

Of the three shows I've been to (Chicago, Cleveland, and now Pittsburgh), I have to say that this one was the best. They all had their high points - I mean, Hot Fudge came from Cleveland! (insert massive drooling swoon here), but Pittsburgh rocked hard. The opening band was fantastic, Kissing Club was great, and then... a clean Jackson, in freshly-laundered and sexy as anything clothes, with freshly cut and washed hair and a fedora and gator boots, walked out on stage, accompanied by a barefoot Ben G, a still clean-shaven Ben J, and Jerad, wearing some very tight jeans. I almost cried. Seriously.

They played for about 90 minutes, and went through most of my favorite songs. Ben J sang Smoke, and that was the first time I've ever heard him sing it - WOW. I absolutely love the voices on each of these guys, they are so unique! And really, they are all swoon-worthy. Especially with a guitar. Or a bass. Or a harmonica. Or drumsticks. Or.... Yeah, groupie, remember? Enjoy the pics! 

 

And there you have it! Wasn't that great?! I know I LOVED those pics and I can't thank Tara enough for them. Instead I'm going to go make a banner for the contest she is hosting with some other ladies. Check out the details HERE - it's going to be a fantastic! Thanks again, Tara. I <3 you big time! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you too!!!

Carrie said...

Ahhhhhh, this was my 3rd show as well! I had been to Detriot, Cleveland, and now this show, and I must agree this was the best show yet! The energy level of the crowd was soooo amazing!!!